Mobile, AL (March 23, 2022) – A motor vehicle wreck reported in the Mobile area on Tuesday ended in injuries. At around 6:20 p.m., on March 22, emergency crews were sent to provide assistance at the scene of an auto collision on Theodore Dawes Road.
Reports provided by the police in Mobile show that a collision between vehicles blocked Theodore Dawes Road at the intersection of Old Pascagoula Road. The incident caused some disruptions in traffic throughout the area as emergency crews worked to clear the scene.
Medical personnel rendered aid to those in need briefly on-site. At least one of the involved parties was transported to a local hospital for the treatment of injuries.
The police in Mobile are currently investigating the crash.
Our thoughts are with the victims who sustained injuries in this accident. We hope for their full recovery.
Car Accidents in Alabama
At least one person is hurt in a motor vehicle accident somewhere in the state of Alabama every 11 minutes and 5 seconds. These accidents add up to more than 128 people harmed each day in auto collisions across our state.
Although it is never a person’s goal to be involved in an accident, there are many instances where people are harmed in crashes due to the actions of others. According to the Alabama Department of Transportation, there are several factors that lead to crashes taking place in our state. These include:
- Speeding: This is the number one cause of crashes in Alabama as well as across the entire country.
- Failing to yield the right of way: This is one of the most common causes of non-fatal accidents in Alabama every year. In fact, more than 23,000 collisions take place in our state due to motorists who fail to yield the right of way to others.
- Tailgating: More than 22,400 people are harmed in car crashes involving drivers who follow too closely.
- Misjudging stopping distances: Like tailgating, driving too close to other vehicles can have devastating consequences. Every year, nearly 14,000 crashes occur in our state due to drivers who misjudge the distance they have to stop.
- Distractions: Nearly 11,000 people are harmed in crashes caused by people who are distracted while operating their vehicles in the state of Alabama.
- Impairment: More than 6,000 people are cited for driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol every year in our state. People are who are impaired are 6.9 times more likely to be involved in fatal crashes.
If you were harmed in an accident as a result of another driver’s actions, you must seek the assistance of a car accident lawyer in Mobile right away. You may be able to recover financial compensation to help you cover the costs you face moving forward.
Mobile Personal Injury Lawyers
With more than 80-years of combined experience, the Mobile personal injury lawyers at Clay, Massey & Associates are committed to helping clients get the justice they deserve after being harmed in crashes.
We provide fearless and knowledgeable representation to ensure each person we work with is able to get the justice and the compensation they deserve following their accidents. Contact our Alabama personal injury law firm today at 241-433-1000 to schedule a free case review at your earliest convenience with our team.
Notes: Our writers utilize secondary sources to create this post. All of the circumstances surrounding this accident have not been independently verified by our staff, therefore, if you locate any information that is not correct, please contact Clay, Massey & Associates immediately so that we can correct the post to reflect the most accurate information available. The post can be removed by request.
Disclaimer: None of the information provided in this post is intended to be legal advice or medical advice. The photo used in this post was not taken at the accident scene described. This post is not intended to be a solicitation for business.