Looking for ways to help the victims of Hurricane Harvey?
Hurricane Harvey made landfall in South Texas late Friday night, August 25, 2017, as a Category 4 storm packing 130+mph winds. As we know from the impact of several major hurricanes in our area, there are lots of needs in the immediate aftermath as well as long-term needs. We’ve put together this list of organizations that are already on the ground in Texas to provide relief efforts for those affected by Harvey.
- Red Cross: Visit redcross.org, call 1-800-RED CROSS or text the word REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- Salvation Army: Donate cash online at disaster.salvationarmyusa.org or by phone at 1-800-725-2769.
- South TX Blood & Tissue Center: Visit southtexasblood.org or call 210-731-5590 to schedule an appointment to donate blood.
- Save The Children: Donate to their Hurricane Harvey relief fund.
- Driscoll Children’s Hospital: Donate online at www.driscollchildrens.org
- Texas Diaper Bank: Go to texasdiaperbank.org and designate your donation for Disaster Relief.
- Samaritan’s Purse: Make a donation at www.samaritanspurse.org/disaster/hurricane-harvey/
- Southern Baptist Disaster Relief Fund: Visit their site to donate to their Hurricane Harvey response efforts.
- SPCA of Texas – Assist with the care of pets after the storm, with a donation at https://spca.org/give