Car Accident Lawyer in Mobile, Alabama
Being involved in a car wreck disrupts lives, and can cause significant financial burdens. When you need legal help following an automobile accident, it’s important to contact the experienced injury lawyers at Clay, Massey & Associates. We work quickly to gather crucial information about the accident, determine the responsible party and handle all interactions with the insurance company. We stand up for your rights and work diligently on your behalf, to hold negligent parties accountable for their harmful actions. Call us at 251-433-1000 to schedule a free consultation.
What Do I Do After A Car Wreck In Mobile, Alabama?
Unfortunately automobile accidents are an all-to common occurrence here in Mobile, Alabama and all across the United States. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), nationally there are nearly 4.5 million annual injuries from car crashes that were serious enough to result in medical consultations. Additionally, there are about 40,000 annual motor-vehicle deaths. If you’re involved in an accident, there are some important steps to follow:
- Do not leave the scene of the car accident. Call the 911 as soon as it’s safe and be sure to get an accident report, even if you feel like it’s a minor “fender bender.” Injuries may not be immediately evident, and having the police report could be a crucial piece of information for you. Hit-and-run is also a criminal offense.
- If you are injured, or suspect you might be, go to the hospital or your doctor. Be sure to follow the doctor’s orders or advice, inlucding any tests they feel are necessary, or seeing any specialists they refer you to. Don’t be afraid to ask questions or have someone with you take notes and be sure to keep all receipts and paperwork.
- Record everything, admit nothing. If you have a cell phone with you – and it is safe to do so – take videos and photos of the scene, including the condition of vehicles involved as well as the surrounding area. Exchange information with the other driver and other parties involved in the wreck as well as witnesses, including name, address, phone number, insurance information, and license plate numbers. Never admit fault to other parties, including the police or insurance company.
- Contact the experienced car accident attorneys at Clay, Massey & Associates. We work with highly experienced investigators, including former police officers and our attorneys provide knowledgeable legal help to people who have been injured. Insurance company representatives will make a mad dash to your accident site in their effort to minimize payouts; we work to beat them there and to get there fast enough to obtain important information.
You should not talk to anyone about the accident that your attorney is not aware of. Do not talk to a representative of another insurance company without the knowledge of your attorney or your insurance company. If representatives from other insurance companies should call you, ask them to call your attorney or insurance company to arrange for an interview. Be sure and notify your attorney if anyone else attempts to speak with you about the accident.
“I was injured in an auto accident… After 4 or 5 months of getting the run around from the other drivers insurance company, I was referred to Eddie Massey. He was on the job immediately getting medical reports from the hospital and Dr.’s outside of the hospital that had been treating me. He stayed on top of the insurance company until they finally did what they should have done to begin with. I am very happy with the settlement I received. Thank you Eddie Massey for stepping up to the plate for me.”
Do I Need A Car Accident Attorney?
If you have recently been involved in a car accident in Mobile, Alabama, and have injuries or expenses our experienced car accident attorneys can help secure the compensation and care you will need for the years to come – and even your whole life. Our investigators will go to work immediately to help your claim against the other driver and their insurance company, to compensate you for any loss or damages.
Actual economic damages compensate you for your actual losses such as medical expenses, lost wages, and repair or loss of your vehicle and personal property. Future economic damages compensate you for future damages like future medical expenses or future loss of wages. You may also be entitled to non-economic compensatory damages for pain & suffering, emotional distress, or loss of enjoyment of life. Typically this amount relates to the seriousness of the injury. The experience of our accident lawyers and our team of experts will work to establish the amounts of these claims.
What If A Distracted Driver Caused My Car Wreck?
When a driver takes his or her eyes off the road or focuses on something other than driving, innocent motorists can be seriously injured or killed. One split second of distraction can change someone’s life forever. It seems pretty simple — when you are driving, you should be focused on driving. However, many people drive while doing other things, including talk on the phone, text, eat, attend to children in the back seat, scroll through social media websites, apply makeup and perform other tasks that should wait until they are no longer in their car.
Some of the causes of car accidents have changed over the years, especially with a dramatic rise in the use of cellphones while driving. Our injury attorneys stay up-to-date on changes to driving laws as well as current on the prominent causes of accidents. In Alabama, all drivers regardless of age and driving experience are prohibited from texting while driving. Further, some younger drivers are banned from using their cellphones for any reason while driving. Unfortunately the laws are not always followed, and it is not uncommon for people to text while driving.
With our knowledge of cellphone laws, texting-while-driving laws, and personal injury law, we can bring forward strong claims on behalf of our injured clients. Our lawyers seek fair compensation on behalf of clients who have sustained serious injuries and those who have lost loved ones due to distracted driving. We can gather crucial information about the accident, determine the responsible party and handle all interactions with the insurance company. We stand up for your rights and strive to hold negligent parties accountable for their harmful actions.
Our attorneys are skilled at handling all types of distracted driving accidents, including those that occurred for reasons other than cellphone use. If you or a family member have been injured by a distracted driver, the law firm of Clay, Massey & Associates, P.C., can talk to you in a free initial consultation.
How Much Will A Car Accident Lawyer Cost in Mobile, Alabama?
After a car wreck, there’s a lot to think about and a lot of uncertainty as to what to do next. Most victims injured in auto accidents already have significant costs, and the last thing they’re looking for is more out-of-pocket expenses. Attorneys structure their fees differently, but the most common with attorneys handling car accident claims is the contingency fee arrangement. You will often see it advertised as “pay no attorney fees unless we win your case,” or similiar verbiage.
Clay, Massey & Associates operates under this contingency fee arrangement. Under this agreement, your lawyer agrees to accept a fixed percentage of the recovery. If you win the case, the lawyer’s fee comes out of the money awarded to you. If you lose the case, neither you nor the lawyer will get any money, and you will not be required to pay your attorney for their work on the case. Some benefits of the contingency fee arrangement include:
- Contingency fee arrangements provide a means for people who cannot afford a lawyer to access the civil justice system and pursue fair compensation for injuries and damages.
- The contingent-fee agreement spreads the risk of litigation. The attorney shares that risk and is only paid a fee if he wins the case or obtains a settlement.
- The arrangement ensures that the attorney believes in the client’s case and will do the work necessary to obtain a positive result.
So when is the contingency fee paid? Typically the settlement check will be sent to the lawyer, and they will contact you when the settlement check is received. Before working together, your lawyer should also explain the amount he or she intends to deduct from your settlement check to cover lawyer’s fees and costs and expenses.
Contact Our Personal Injury Firm in Mobile, Alabama
The injury attorneys at Clay, Massey & Associates, P.C., provides free initial consultations. We are conveniently located in downtown Mobile, Alabama. We are available for hospital and home visits and work exclusively on a contingency fee basis — you pay no attorney’s fees unless we win your case. To contact an attorney at our firm, call 251-433-1000.